Because I can manage the information better!
I can categorize and tag every post, page, and image, all stored in a database for easy retrieval and display. This will help site navigation. I am using a very simple, single level menu bar for two reasons:
This site uses a fluid-type responsive theme.
- Due to the complexity and the amount of sub-topics, each main topic page will contain all sub-topics. Navigation sidebar directory will show all sub-topics and their children in all lower-level pages.
- Due to the explosion of mobile devices, such as mobile phones, pads and tablets, a single level menu bar will transpose easily to a simple drop down menu for smaller displays.
Images and text will accommodate the screen size of any device, without the need of a horizontal slider, with the exception of YouTube RSS feeds. Work on that later. Text and html elements will wrap and re-size as the screen size narrows. Hence the term 'responsive.' Go ahead, narrow your browser window and watch the magic.
Not finished yet...
- Need to adjust the CSS styling a little bit.
- Need to view the site on all major browsers.
- Need to transfer about 300 side bar images from the old site to this site.
- Need to remove the old site from the server.
- Need to work on Hair Growth Strategies category pages.
- Need to finish the RSS Feed category pages.
- Need to sort items in image galleries.
- Unfinished pages will be "Private" till completed; a 404 page error will result
- Estimated time for all the above items to be completed is before the end of this year.
The blog/post feature is a little strange to me, especially blog/post navigation. It's not like working with regular, stationary-static pages. Blog/posts are sorted into folders (also known as 'archives'), and displayed either by category, tag, or date. Right now, I have three blog categories, see the blog widgets below.
- Site Updates will show any changes to the site, such as new image batches and pages.
- Short Codes blog will help me remember plugin/WordPress codes used within the website's text areas. The gallery on the right uses a very simple short code within this text area.
- Site Design blog will help me organize and give credit to free clip-art images, java-php scripts, CSS styling, etc... I get overwhelmed very easily with so much to remember.
Blogs will help me complete the site quickly.